Julieecakes
This weekend I picked apples Yum!  I am thinking of baking a nice apple cupcake at some point this week.  But for Saturday I made a special little boy his baseball birthday cake , it was a spice cake with cream cheese frosting .  I had to use cream cheese decorator frosting( courtesy of cakecentral.com) because regualr cream cheese frosting is too soft.  It worked out rather well but by the time I was piping the border on the cake it had soften too much and it didn't stand up well.  Next time I use this frosting I will refrigerate one color while I am using another.  I also tred to make the "blechers" look like wood grain but again I was using frosting , I am pretty happy with they way they turned out.  I would change the M&M size I used for the poeple in the stands to mini M&M's . However, I did but smiley faces on the M&M's  :)  the best part is that the child loved the cake and it made his birthday !  So Happy Birthday Ryan !   Below is a pciture of his cake.......



|
0 Responses

Post a Comment