Julieecakes
This month there was an extra submission to the MS Cupcake Club. It was the Banana Pecan Cupcake.


The recipe called for Cake Flour, this was the firs time that I ever used the same. The cupcakes came out nice and light and fluffy you can tell by the pictures below.

As I was reading the recipe I noticed that it indicated that these cupcakes would be good at anytime of day without frosting. That is the approach that I took after tasting the batter, it reminded me of my banana bread that I make on a regular basis, except lighter and fluffier but tasted just as good. So I decided that I would skip the frosting and after they came out of the oven, I would sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar. You can eat them anytime of day and I have gotten rave reviews from my family and co-workers.

My take on these delicious cupcakes is make them and call them muffins, then you can eat them anytime of the day!!!!

Happy Baking !!


Julieecakes













|
3 Responses
  1. betty geek Says:

    HA! Muffins, why not. They look great.

    I thought they tasted great as cupcakes as well (super moist, flavorful, and good texture with the pecans) and added a different frosting instead of caramel.

    Thanks for doing the bonus round with us! You're awesome!


  2. Jennifer Says:

    I like the idea of cinnamon sugar instead of frosting. Your blog's layout is adorable, too!


  3. mike Says:

    These really didn't need frosting -LOVE the cinnamon sugar combo! Nicely done this month!


Post a Comment