Julieecakes
I did  2 new things this week, the first I made mexican paste slightly different from gumpaste, however it seems more fragile to me ,then gumpasteis .  i had a lot of breakage with respect to the butterflies that I made with mynew patch work cutters.  You can find them athttp://www.globalsugarart.com/  I would however like to purchase a how to book for the patchwork cutters I thnk I might be doing somethng wrong.. 

I also attmepted to paint with on these butterflies although the loook rather large in the pictures they are really quite small.  The first one I will post is just a red butterfly which  did with pearl dust you can tell form the picture but it gave a nice pearlized finish.  The second I used foodcoloring and lemon extract, it came out ok , put I need to work on my painting skill a bit.  My mother had great painting skills so hopefully some have rubbed off on to me.  The third on it a mix of painting and pearl dust this came out the best out of all 3 Ithink although it is only one wing , they are fragile.

That is all for today

Have a great long weekend I intend to .

Julieecakes.



|
0 Responses

Post a Comment